2024 SEASON LEASE DATES:
SATURDAY, JUNE 29 - SUNDAY, JULY 29, 2024
Carmel Bach Festival Housing Requirements:
- Fully private, 30-night full home rental in Carmel or Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Well-appointed kitchen with sink, microwave, stovetop, and refrigerator/freezer
- Full bathroom access for each bedroom
- Full size beds or larger preferred. Homes with twin beds are likely to be assigned as musician family housing, with homeowner’s approval
- Street or driveway parking
- Required amenities:
- Professionally cleaned before arrival
- Strong WIFI service suitable for video conferencing and media
- Fully stocked kitchenware & utensils
- Bed and bath linens
- Laundry machines in unit or on site
- One set of keys per assigned musician
How Do I Rent My House to CBF?
The lease will be between you and Carmel Bach Festival, Inc. Sample lease can be found here.
After signing, CBF will assign the appropriate number of musicians to your home. Stays will be strictly smoke and pet free. Some musicians bring their families and need suitable housing. If you do not want children in your home, please request at time of application.
Why is Housing in Carmel Important?
Every July, over 100 musicians join us from across the United States, Canada, UK, Netherlands, and Australia for a month to rehearse and perform. We provide lodging for them and their immediate families, preferably within walking distance to Sunset Cultural Center, our main venue.
Our private landlords help keep costs low, as they often generously rent to us below the typical vacation rental market. Many landlords enjoy having the same musician(s) back every summer, providing them a familiar “home away from home.” Musicians are on the road often, and especially enjoy our beach town community as a change of pace from travel and bustling cities.