Adams Vocal Masterclass: July 6—August 1, 2020
The Carmel Bach Festival is delighted to invite musicians to apply for its 36th annual Virginia Best Adams Vocal Masterclass, July 6–August 1, 2020. Four singers are invited to Carmel to be coached in Baroque repertoire and explore ways to communicate the music more vividly. Participants experience a wealth of Baroque vocal music and examine all aspects of style, technique, communication, language, performance skills, and artistry.
The 2020 program is led by Masterclass Director Michael Beattie with Festival Associate Conductor Andrew Megill, and Festival vocal soloists and Chorale members.
In July 2020, four outstanding singers (SATB) will—
- participate in a series of six public master classes in Baroque style and interpretation.\
- receive private coaching and mentoring from Festival artists.
- receive a stipend, round-trip airfare (within North America) and housing.
- be featured in a showcase concert with members of the Festival Orchestra .
- perform as members of the professional 28-voice Carmel Bach Festival Chorale under Festival Music Director Paul Goodwin and Associate Conductor Andrew Megill.
- study and work for a month with renowned artists in one of the most scenic areas in the world.
- Applicants should have a demonstrated interest in Baroque repertoire (opera and/or oratorio).
- Graduate-level voice and musical studies or the equivalent in training/performing experience.
- There is no age limit. We seek emerging artists with training, technique and a love of the Baroque.
How to Apply
There is no application fee, and no special application form is necessary.
- Audio selections (provided electronically): a maximum of three contrasting selections from the Baroque era. At least one work should be in German and by Bach. [Mp3, link to website or YouTube private account].
- Résumé, photo, and general repertoire list: (Please be sure to include professional ensemble experience in your resume).
- At least one letter (or email) of recommendation from music professional(s) other than your teacher.
The Carmel Bach Festival regrets it is unable to assist in obtaining work visas for non-US citizens.
Please send all application material to:
Michael Beattie: Michael@BachFestival.org
If you have questions, please contact Michael directly
Deadline: All application materials must be received at the address below no later than February 1, 2020
Results will be announced, and every applicant notified by March 1, 2020.
83rd Carmel Bach Festival
Paul Goodwin, Artistic Director/Principal Conductor
Andrew Megill, Associate Conductor
BachFestival.org • firstname.lastname@example.org | 83rd Season • July 18—August 1, 2020